Tuesday, February 04, 2014

They Chose Barabbas

Which of the two do you want me to release? and the said, "Barabbas!" Matthew 27:21

In the history of wrong choices this one is tops.  It takes my breath away.  They chose Barabbas over Jesus. 

Barabbas - a robber, murderer insurrectionist 

Jesus - savior, healer, messiah, suffering servant leader

Barabbas (Strongs 912) son of the father....no name at all really.  Son of someone.....no man...every man....

How? Why? I can't fathom it. 

In a moment of honesty, I realize, there are moments in my life when I choose Barabbas over Jesus. I choose the known, the common, the profane over Jesus.

It takes my breath away.

It breaks my heart.

I determine to choose Jesus - every day in a million ways.

I choose Jesus - more and more - every day.

Choosing Joy!
©2014 D.R.G.
~Coram Deo~
Living all of life before the face of God...

No comments: